Back to the original plan / Wainwright is a safe bank

Back to the original plan

I have now reallized that my original plan is still the best possible. The plan is, just for record: complete the SDM-program in one year, get into the ESD PhD-program, start it in January and complete it in less than 3 years. If the are promising academic prospect, pursue them. Otherwise, get a job, work for a few years and go to one of the TOP-5 universities in the field of political science and complete at least master's degree in political science. This is the plan and I will not change it; I may have to get a job every now and then to finance my studies, but I assume that is the way life may well go.

Wainwright is a safe bank

I withdrew some money from my account today. It was the normal hassle of writing checks to myself, they calling the other branch for a signature sample and getting it by fax etc. What was new was the added security in the transaction. As is reasonable, they did not trust in my passport. It may be counterfeit after all. Nor did they trust in my Finnish driver's licence: again, issued by an alien country for an alien, it is no good in USA. Fortunately, I had my MIT ID-card, so that they could verify my identity. The moral of the story is: never leave home with MIT ID-card! If you do not have one, get one!

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from July to September 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki