Goodbye open society

Goodbye open society

I am scare. The open societies I have so long cherished are now melting away. In UK, the police shot some random Asian man, because he was running away from the police. Even worse: they first caught the man, threw him on the ground and then shot him 5 times. Is this the way our societies are going to be in the future? That any police officer can sentence anyone (especially anyone non-white) to death and execute anyone just like that? If that is the case, the terrorist do not have to even bother anymore. We have capitulated. And it is not happening only in UK, it is happening in USA, too. Today, some moron came up with an idea to randomly search bags of passengers entering the NYC metro. Of course, the terrorist are stupid enough not to blow up the bag when searched. And, of course, they are not clever enough not to turn around and use the next entrance: the new rule says, that refusing to let the officers search the bag is quite Ok. Oh, why do we have to put up with this theater? Why not use all these bag-searching resources in trying to figure what the terrorist are up to and in preempting their plans? Yes, that would be much harder, but it would have some effect too. This theater is so stupid, and so dangerous, that I think the directors of this theater should be thrown to jail for endangering national security. See also what Bruce Schneier has to say about this moronity

I need to go cycling: I am so upset by this moronity.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from July to September 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki