Not good / Daily cronos

Not good

I have a very bad culture shock right now. I miss Europe so much, I just cannot understand this country. I get so depressed with all these rules, the rigidity of everything, and the sigs telling about laws and fines. I am also disappointed by the racial clustering: black, latinos, and whites do not really mix, and opportunities are not evenly distributed. Oh, I am so tired. I cannot do anything sensible anymore today, I just want to read some good book, forget where I am, and hope that this culture shock goes away tomorrow. Nothing like this ever happened in China. Maybe European and Chinese cultures are closer each other than European and American cultures. I would say so right now, but I am definitely badly biased just now.
If this feeling does not go away, I cannot stay here and do my PhD. It may well happen to be the case.

Daily cronos

Yesterday, parties at Sam's and Kumar's. Some alcohol. Today, classes, lunch with S in the Bengali restaurant, dinner with Kumar and Ashok in the Hong Kong Eatery (decent and very cheap place, just like in China, great as such). And then the above thing.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from July to September 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki