Now back to great feelings / Daily crono
Now back to great feelings
I have got my motivation and working spirit and productivity back. It feels rather good. I just wrote almost 4 pages for our small summer project: I developed a model for modeling any warehouse with any distribution of racks and shelves, boxes, and RFID-readers. It was really fun. The next thing is to instantiate the model and implement it using some tools: it should be easily doable with Matlab, but since I am not an expert user, it may take me a couple of days. Anyway, doing this small project is much more intellectually challenging than most of our homework assignments. This is why I really prefer project-based courses. And why I detest and loath courses with exams: I am too old for taking exams.This morning, we had an excellent workshop on networking and interviewing skills. It was absolutely the most useful career related workshop I have attended in MIT. Those who did not attend really missed an excellent opportunity. Poor them. Now I know a bit better how to get a job. The problem is that I also want much less to get one. I just cannot stand the ideas of being bossed around, of losing my freedom in time management, and having only 2 weeks of vacation per year. It feels terrible. Maybe I should get my head checked and adjust my medication, too.
Daily crono
Yesterday evening, we (the SDM@MIT) had a nice seafood dinner in the Alewife Summer Shack - we did not have the BBQ on Wednesday, so we decided to spend the money indoors. The food was good, especially the swordfish skewers were delicious. Beer selection was not that good, but I did drink half a dozen Amstels anyway. Afterwards, since the crowd was too happy to drink free beer to not to move anywhere else, we (I and S) went to check out Robbie's place in Back Bay. I need to start looking for a bigger place to live in, if I intend to stay here for a longer time.Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from July to September 2005".
Kommentit