Quotes / My new resume

Quotes

In a mall, at the counter of a pretzel joint
We cannot anymore accept bills bigger than $20 due to the dramatic increase of counterfeit ones. We apologize of any inconvenience.
I assume this only a problem north of Boston. It seems that counterfeiters live there and are lazy enough to venture to Boston proper. More seriously, if there indeed are that many counterfeit bank notes, I would assume FBI (or the government as a whole) to do something: losing trust in bank notes is not good for the society (or community).
A conservative in NPR this morning
It is not wise to use tens of billions of dollars in preventing global warming, when millions of people die of poverty. Helping to reduce poverty is more urgent.
Sure, but how about cutting US military budget from $500 billion to say $50 billion and using the savings for reducing poverty, combatting diseases (e.g AIDS, malaria, and getting ready to deal with the coming flu pandemic even in USA), and developing new energy systems. I cannot see any need for the current military (defense) budget: there is no country, which could invade USA, and all the threats that are likely to damage US economy and kills Americans are not deterrable by means of guns and killing foreigners.
President Bush this morning (not verbatim, but factually)
We think that it is not good to prevent producing CO2. It is better to develop technologies to remove it once it has been produced.
I hope he follows his idea in his own life. For example: why to use the restroom. Much better is to just use diapers and get rid of dirty diapers.

My new resume

My new resume (pdf) is now ready. It is pretty plain, not too much content, just the minimal information what I did in Nokia. The problematic thing is, that I cannot really acknowledge all my workmates. In fact, I did not do those things alone. So, thanks to all with whom I had the honor to work. Other, smaller, problem is, that being a system architect of a large system one ends up doing really many things, taking part in huge number of management meetings and strategic planning, and saving/spending huge amounts of money and resources. It is hard to detail all that in a resume, no matter how long one writes. Hmm, maybe 200-pages would be enough.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from July to September 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki