Cycling / On SW, again / Daily crono
Cycling
Finally, I was able to muster up enough time, energy, and soberness to have a nice cycling trip to the southern suburbs. I took the Tremont Street all the way to the Jamaica Pond and then back by the Willow Pond. There are pleasant parks to cycle in here in Boston. Suburban streets are OK too, but there are just too many poorly coordinated traffic lights there. So, I either end up standing still for long times or ignoring the lights. Both are bad choices. So, finding parks is essential. The other option, at least during late evenings, it to go to the industrial areas. There are no traffic lights there and after 6 pm it is quite peaceful and safe to cycle there. I like industrial areas a lot, they are the best places for recreational cycling.Check some bicycle information. For example, use the calculator to see how much you can save by not having a car. Or, check how you can move your fridge with a bicycle. Not that I am that tempted to do so - well, I do not even own a fridge.
On SW, again
Reijo has a great point. It is not that "most SW developers just are not up to their tasks" rather it is, that "most SW developers are not let to be up to their tasks". This formulation is close to the truth. Companies treat their emploees in ways, which do not encourage professional pride and growth.Daily crono
Cycling, finishing the RFID-project with Kumar, then having dinner in the good diner in Harvard square. Later, listening to Avett Brothers in Club Passim. Really good band. They play energetic bluegrass or something. Fun. I got tired, had some strange pain in my head and decided to head home. The others continued to some bard.Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from July to September 2005".
Kommentit