Rampant militarism / No change / Incompetents nominate each other / Daily crono
Rampant militarism
I just wonder how Americans, who are well educated and enlightened people, tolerate such a waste of their money, time, and other resources on preparation of and actual killing of other human beings. Today, in the Systems Engineering class, we heard a lecture how MITRE (which is part of the government, but pretends not to be) helps the rest of the government in this worthless task. It was so boring, that I almost walked out of the class, especially since most of the lecture was not about systems engineering but these killing preparations.No change
I have noticed no change after my birthday. Everything is as it was. I do not feel weaker nor stronger. I am as happy as I was before. Well, a bit happier since I got the book. Maybe we should have giftdays every month, just to celebrate the existence of our loved ones. I cannot figure out any better reason for celebration (well, if all countries would slash their killing budget by 90%, that would be even better). Funny how I am becoming even more pacifistic than I was when I was a young and energetic. So, the idea of people growing conservative when they grow old is not true. At least there is one exception alive.Incompetents nominate each other
So, mr Bush did nominate this incompetent bully of mr Bolton as the ambassador of US in UN. As I wrote yesterday, democracies may vote themselves in dictatorships. As an outsider, I have nowadays hard time to find real differences between the way mr Bush and his bosses run this country and how some presidents run some countries in Africa. It looks so much alike. But it may just be that I am reading the wrong newspapers. And it must be, since they moronic war on terror has ended now and turned into something more sinister. Whatever.Daily crono
Yesterday, I got up late, went to the SDM-office in MIT, did some trivial work (our assignments), had lunch alone, went to the accounting class (it was fine), and then finished the System Dynamics assignment with Ashok (it took total 4 hours: either we are really good, or then we get a C). Kumar was there too, encouraging us and doing other important tasks. At home, S was packing up her things, after which we (or at least I) enjoyed a spectacular thunderstorm. The lighting stroke twice withing 100 meters of our house, it was great show. I have not seen lighting so close since 1995, when I saw a lighting from 50 meter distance in Barcelona. Boy, it was scary and fun. Today, just lectures as summarized above, and falefel for lunch. Later, I have the sad duty to see S off to the airport. It will be too quiet in my little cave,sigh.July
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from July to September 2005".
Kommentit