RSS-feed installed / Dreaming of a good job / Rather hot still / Local greenhouse…
RSS-feed installed
I hacked a simple RSS-feed to my blog. Now, I am modern. Great. The URL ishttp://www.iki.fi/mane/rss.xmlIs this not quite an important thing? You can also use the link above. At this point, the RSS-feed has just the topics. Use your browser to get the contents. The feed gets updated every half an hour.
Dreaming of a good job
Getting older is good. One gets to know oneself better every year, one realizes what ones really wants to do, in what kind of tasks one is good, happy, and productive. And in what kind of tasks one is not happy and not productive; one can be good, but it does not help much if one cannot muster any motivation. So, I have realized, that being an consultant in some larger consulting company would not make me happy. And in general, I really need to be able to attach quite much importance to the things I do. I just cannot just do something for money, not even if the amount of money would be large. It just does not happen. And I cannot handle organizational politics, I cannot manage any bosses if they try to use hierarchical authority over me. I need to get a jobs, which I consider important. I need to have extremely lot tactical autonomy, and I need to have flexible working hours. Is that too much to ask for?Rather hot still
At 9.44pm. In my cave: 30.5C, 70%. Outside: 25C, 90%. There was a thunderstorm, which lowered the temperature a bit, but it is still unpleasant. I am a bit dehydrated after cycling 1.5 hours and walking about 1 hour. Of course, the best times for me to have any exercise are in the mid-winter, when it is way too cold, and in the summer, when it is too hot. I just do not have any motivation to exercise when the weather would be tolerable. Or almost.Local greenhouse effect
Now, at noon, it is 29.3C in my cave. It is getting hotter. Outside it is 31C, with 54% humidity (head index 34C). It will be 36C later today. Thus, excellent weather for a long, but slow cycling trip. 2-3 hours is just fine. I just have to drink something while cycling and apply some sunscreen.Shameless boasting, modesty off
Today is my official day of not studying. Saturdays always are. Next thing to start is the thesis. Tomorrow will take care of it. Now I am just so happy to have 138 units with a GPA of 4.7 or 4.8. I think that is not an insignificant achievement. At least, there are not that many other, who could take similar load with similar results, and still have most weekend off from studying. I am quite proud, as you most likely can appreciate.Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from July to September 2005".
Kommentit