Stillleben in Boston / Global warming out of control in Siberia
Stillleben in Boston
Nothing much is happening. On Monday, we had the final exam on accounting. I did manage to study 5 hours for it. The exam was just as irritating as exams always are. So, I just did whatever I could figure out right away (less than 1 minute thinking time for each question), wrote down my answers and left the building when 25% of the exam time was still left. I definitely did not check my answers, since I just cannot do that without walking around, strecthing a little etc. And such things are not possible in exams. So, I leave the checking to those, who get paid for checking my work. I did the same in the mid-term exam; I got 74 out of 100, which is more than enough for my ambition in any course requiring exams. Later on Monday, we (I, Kumar, Ashok) spent some time discussing system dynamics even though we actually finished the assinment last week. No change to the write-up resulted. Dinner in the Cambridge Mall, than back home. The next day was terrible: I could not fall to sleep at all. It was too hot (almost 30C) in my cave, there was some strange noise coming from somewhere, I had no ear plugs etc. I fell to sleep at 6 am, so I had to skip the SE-lecture on Tuesday. Instead, I slept, picked up my bike from the shop, went to the SD-lecture. It was good, interesting actually. How ignorant some locals are about the global problems and also about history! It is fascinating. Then it was time to celebrate by drinking some beer at Kumar's with Ashok and by having nice dinner in Island Hopper. Today, no lectures, just hanging out: looking for apartments, hacking, discussing politics and study plans etc.So, nothing much is happening. It seems, that after a semester I lost the power for a few days. Tomorrow, I will go cycling before the SE-lecture. On Friday, I will cycle at least 3 hours, and during the weekend, at least 6 hours. It is quite fun.
Global warming out of control in Siberia
The global warming is entering a new phase. There is one giant positive feedback look coming in existence, when the Siberian permafrost is melting. It will speed up the greenhouse effect significantly and may cause really dramatic phenomena. I just hope, that our politicians would not be such a shortsighted bunch of losers. Greenhouse effect is THE national security issue they should be working at, but no, they are just hiding their heads in the sand. So sad. I need to start doing something at this.Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from July to September 2005".
Kommentit