The first flight this year / First impressions in Helsinki

The first flight this year

Last year I had 44 flights (but 45 take-offs and landings as the airliner broke down midair after taking off in Belem). This year I have just stayed put in Boston (and in New York). Anyway, flying was just as painful as earlier, or actually a bit more. They do not serve any free alcohol in Iceland Air. No beer, no sleep. Back in Finland, I was and still is a bit tired.

First impressions in Helsinki

Sunny, warm, green, quite, spacious. Lost of drunken people of all ages roaming the streets. Buses are expensive; it is very quiet inside the bus. Cars are even smaller than I remembered, only a few SUV. Good. Price of gasoline is 1.27 euros per liter ($6.1/gallon). TV-shows seems as stupid as ever, but I cannot compare with USA, since I do not have TV there. Well, too tired to write.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from July to September 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki