What is wrong with me? / What is wrong with goverments?

What is wrong with me?

I have now applied for several job. I have got two answers requesting more information. Then nothing, total silence. Is it really so, that my 7 years of experience in Nokia, my international experience in Finland, China, and USA, and my very successful studies in MIT are not worth a single interview? Or is it so, that the market for system architects is so small, that the likelihood of someone needing another one is vanishingly small, not to say minuscule. Or am I doing something wrong? Should I post not-funny pictures in my homepage? Should I just limit my blogging to the courses I am taking, the bars I am visiting (none), and other insignificant topics? Are the employers so timid, that my blog is able to scare them away? Is that not against the "equal opportunity"-ideology, which makes up the small print of every job advertisement? Should I just forget the whole thing, start up my own consulting company, or start to drive bus? Or should I start really networking, smoozing in bars and some other place? Any ideas are more than welcome!
Now I am off for a short bikeride. If everything else fails, I can always become bike courier...
Damn, it was hot. 36C, full sun shine. I cycled some 45 minutes, and almost fainted back at home. I must remember to drink more in the future. Cycling was fun, though, I saw some new areas next to the Boston University.

What is wrong with goverments?

I think our governments are compromising our security by devoting so much time on terrorism, which is not likely to kill millions of people, and at the same time almost neglecting the danger of flu pandemic. It seems that the governments are not really interested in preventing premature deaths. If they were, they would decide to buy the Tamiflu-patent from Roche, and build up new facilities to produce the drugs. But no, no way, they just concentrate in issues of almost no significance. Of course, a truly security-oriented government would do its utmost to mitigate the problems due to coming end of oil. But no, they just behave as everything could continue like this forever. During the break, I will write a pamphlet on these issues. I am really getting angry at the incompetent incumbents.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from July to September 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki