A LED flashing vest? / Ethics class and success / Where to buy reflective tape? / More…
A LED flashing vest?
Should I order a LED reflective vest? It is orange, and I think it would be so much fun, as they say here in USA.Ethics class and success
Really many students in the Ethics-class seem to equate success with having a hig position and enormous salary. One is not succesfull in life, if one cannot make it to at least a VP or even President in some company. And even after making a lot of money, if one get fired, one is not successfull. This was one thing in today's discussion. The other was that even though many students feel that having to work more tan 60 hours per week is not quite OK, they cannot make the connection to the societal contracts there are. The anti-union propaganda seems to have done well: so many people think that having to work extraordinarily long hours is a free choise, and necessary for promotion, and that that's the way it is. I do not understand either, why employers are letting employees work so long. I am sure, and there are studies proving it, that working more than 40 hours a week does not really increase the amount work getting done. But who cares? Heroism rules? The same tendency seems to be taking place worldwide. And yes, I used to work too much. Not good.Where to buy reflective tape?
I would like to buy reflective tape for my bike? I would also like to buy relctive armbands with LEDs. If someone knows, where to buy such stuff in Boston/Cambridge, please let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks! Or, if there is a cheap web-store somewhere, that would also be nice. Or maybe a reflective vest with LEDs? A orange one. Would that not be so nice?More light
I decided, that I am worth it and bought a very powerful head light for my bicycle. Boston and Cambridge both have both poor street lighting and too many potholes. In addition, somehow the pothole keep multiplying in places where I would not expect them. Truing the wheel costs $12, and truing my brains is not possible. So, good lights are essential.I had a very nice ride this morning. I cycles south-west Beacon Street, then through some upscale areas and through Brookline to the Arnold arboretum. I did not see too many autumn-colored trees. It is a bit too early still. Then I took small roads to Tremont Street and found my way to Community Bicycle Supply, which is the best bikestore I have seen here in Boston or MA.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from July to September 2005".
Kommentit