Slower than I anticipated / Beware of garbage trucks!
Slower than I anticipated
Writing my thesis has turned out to be somewhat slower than I thought. Fortunately, I still have a lot of time, so I need not worry too much. I also think that the structure is getting better. What was surprisinly hard was to write a explanation of the way Crawley defines system, architecture etc. It was not easy. Furthermore, the other authors are at least as subtle or confusing. Most of them do not even define "system" or "architecture", but assume some kind on intuitive definitions.I think, that most of the difficulty I face is just do to my ignorance. I should know better - but if I knew everything, writing the thesis would be very boring. Is "painful" better than "boring"?
Beware of garbage trucks!
When cycling (or I guess walking too or driving a cabriolet), beware of garbage trucks at work. I overtook one today. It apparently did not like it and squirted some nasty liquid on me. I have had nicer experiences, too.I also noticed, that there are many policemen guiding the traffic all around Boston in the morning. I find it curious, and extremely worrying, that the policemen have to giude traffic even though there are working traffic lights. Would the car drivers not obey the lights otherwise? Scary.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from July to September 2005".
Kommentit