Time for reflection / Modest fame achieved / Back in business

Time for reflection

I think the most important things for me this fall are the reflect on the things I have learned so far in SDM@MIT, to complete my thesis, and to learn a few things I do not know, but which are essential for becoming a better system architect. I took so many courses in the spring term and was somehow too tired and confused in the summer, and I think I have to let the information mature, sink in. Also, I need to learn more about leadership and psychology, so that I will be better in dealing with people, when I get a job. I can learn the necessary technical skills while working.

Modest fame achieved

Before the beginning of the first class of "System and project management", professor de Weck came to talk to a guy sitting behind me. After some chatting the professor asked the guy, whether he knows who Matti is. Of course, I had to admit being the only Matti in the class. de Weck then told, that he had asked some other professor, what kind of class SDM05 is. The other professor had told de Weck, that the class is nice and that there is a certain Matti, whom de Weck will certainly get to know soon. I was very much flattered, especially when he told that the other professor had talked highly of me. My reputation travels before me: hard work always pays off, especially in a strictly meritocratic organizations.

Back in business

I woke up at 6.55 am full of energy thinking of different ways to measure complexities of system architecture models. It felt so pleasant; it means that I am getting back in the business of studying. I had a walk, breakfast of fruits (yes, I am trying to move away from the group of people having opinions, i.e., those that weight over 0.1 ton), did some research, and left for MIT.
Yes, I will start writing more about politics etc later this week. Now, I need to keep on doing research...

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs from July to September 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki