Hmm, interesting company found / 17 system architecting principles found / Cycling
Hmm, interesting company found
I participated in an open house meeting at Endeca.com. Seems to be an interesting company, very nice people (everyone I met all the way down from founder/chairman to SW engineers and various directors. They make a system, which helps users to find and manage information stored in databases. Especially I liked to talk to their Director of Research, with whom I immediately found a common language. Let's see, whether we (me and Endeca) will find any real common interests. At the moment, I am positive that there would be value to both parties If they would hire me. But, time will show.17 system architecting principles found
I have now found 17 system architecting principles. We need to write at most 15 for the SA-class, so I am all set already. Not that I am procrastinating doing my thesis...Cycling
I have mostly been cycling (1 hour or more before noon), hanging out at MIT (and pretending to something, such as SA assignments, Ethics paper, and debating in the Urban Transport class). I also have bene thinking about complexity a lot, but I have not managed to write much. I cannot write in the Athena cluster. It is too noisy there, too much distracting interruptions. Bad, I need my laptop back soon. I think Apple's customer service is bad - it takes too long to fix the computer.Exercise so far this week: On Tuesday: cycling for 1 hour and 45 minutes of gym exercise. On Wed: cycling for 1 hours. Feeling: great. Surprisinly my old clothes fit me again. Exercise pays off even financially.
I got Barbara Ehrenreich's new book "Bait and switch" today in mail. It is a story about what happen when she went undercover and tried to get a white-collar job. I will tell more later.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs October 2005".
Kommentit