How to impress people at work? / Cycling / Laptop lost
How to impress people at work?
From Monstertack, advice for recent graduates from MIT:"Come in early and stay late," says Stephen Viscusi, author of On the Job: How to Make It in the Real World of Work and a frequent workplace contributor on ABC's "Good Morning America." "You should be busy whenever you're starting a new job, learning the ropes, but even when you're not, perfect the art of looking busy."Well, there was this French lady who wrote a whole book about how look busy for years without doing nothing. Maybe theys should provide a copy for everyone at MIT and elsewhere? Needless to say, I guess, but I do find this kind of advice both counterproductive and insane and dangerous. If there is nothing to do, just get out of there!
Cycling
Again, cycling in the morning, having mediterranean rice with canned fish for lunch. During lunch, I got some superb ideas for my thesis. Now I really know what to do, and how to really make a difference. I can even write some journal articles later. It will a) be good and b) the first draft will be ready by the 31st of October. Writing thesis is such a lonely and boring task, that I have to finish it as soon as possible. Then I could do something else, for example, write some journal articles, take dozens of jobs interviews, drink beer, or just sleep. Let's see.Laptop lost
Apple sent me my laptop on last Friday and promised, that I will get it in 2 business days. Either business days are getting longer (imaging: people could work for 130hours a week in consulting companies, what a productivity boost that would be; also imagine how much better USA would be when compared to the lazy French, for example) or the computer is lost. I think it is the latter. At least they do not know in the Applestore where my laptop is. They promisend to look for it though.Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs October 2005".
Kommentit