Interviews / China and environment / Religion
Interviews
It seems, that recruiting is picking up. I got one interview invitation yesterday. The only bad thing is that the interview will take place in MIT career office, which is the most ugly and depressing place in the campus. Also, some other companies are contacting me for resumes and other information. And then there are some totally secret stuff going on. And I have still many applications out waiting for some decisions.China and environment
Thomas Friedman writes on the environmental crisis going on in China (today in NY Times). He ends withAnd that is why the most important strategy the U.S. and China need to pursue, in concert, is one that brings business, government and N.G.O.'s together to produce a more sustainable form of development - so China can create a model for itself and others on how to do more things with less stuff and fewer emissions. That is the economic, environmental and national security issue of our day. Nothing else is even close.I have to agree based on what I saw in China in 2003 and 2004.
Religion
Times (UK) has a very interesting article on how religion causes damage to society. According to some research, the more religious a society is, the more there are trends towards high murder rates, abortion, sexual promiscuity and suicide, according to research published today. Very likely it is so. Check the article and decide for yourself.Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs October 2005".
Kommentit