Motto of the day. / A great bicycle ride / Idling
Motto of the day.
Non est, crede mihi, sapientis dicere "Vivam." Sera nimis vita est crastina: vive hodie. or Believe me, "I shall live" is not the saying of a wise man. Tomorrow's life is too late: live today. Do not wait for the next job, for bigger house, for retirement.A great bicycle ride
It was not exactly cold and cloudy today. The possibility of a decent ride was too beckoning and I figured that there will be enough rainy days for doing thesis and other sun-sensitive things. I decided to ride the to Blue Hill National Park. Maybe I could see something new, maybe even some wildlife (yes, I saw too chipmunks or that the small squirrels are called).The route: Clarendon - Tremont - Mass Av (really decadent half-abandoned industrial areas) - Dorchester Av (in the beginning very Asian, getting wealthier and cleaner further south) - Milton (beautiful, old, red-brick factories by a stream) - Randolf Av (2+2 lane avanue through the reservation area) - Hillside Street (extremely upscale mansion in the middle of forest, very bad road surface, horses, chipmunks, birds, forest, steep uphill) - Unoquity road (nice, steep downhill, not many houses) - Blue Hills parkway (rather upscale, wide bulevard (?) ) - Cummins highway (again, much poorer, shops, car lots ) - American legion highway - Mt Hope - Bradstreet avenue (Mirja and Milton were not at home) - Hyde Park Avenue (too narrow, rude car drivers honking) - Washington Street (nice again, lively, narrow, slow traffic) - Columbus avenue (bad road surface) - Tremont - Dartmouth. Total time 2 hours, total distance maybe 40 km, not much more anyway. Certainly a very nice route, which I will definitely ride again later, maybe with a bit different return leg.
Idling
Otherwise today: reading NY times, (cycling), idling at home, coming to MIT to use computer, later meeting with Matt, Vaynu, and Jayraj in the SDM-office.Last night, I went with Kumar for a dinner to Chinatown. We found a new place. It is called Taiwan Cafe and they serve very good Taiwanese food. Address is 34 Oxford Street. Certainly a place to return to later.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs October 2005".
Kommentit