Best cafes in Boston / Changes / An epidemic
Materialistic values are associated with low self-actualization and well-being, as well as antisocial behavior and narcissism. Tim Kasser
All these cafes serve coffee in real porcelain or glass cups, not in those paper cups meant for retarded savants. Except that the Boston college cafe does not. But since it is in the countryside, we will forgive them. For now, but not for long.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs November 2005".
Best cafes in Boston
The best cafes (of those I have visited) in Boston are: Epresso Royale (any location), Trident Bookstore and Cafe (Newbury Street), Diesel Cafe (Davis Square), the cafe at T-terminal at Boston College, and 1369 (any location). Also Sonsie-bistro is OK, but hard to get in just for a cup of coffee. The Boston College cafe is nice, since taking the T from here to there is always a small adventure.
All these cafes serve coffee in real porcelain or glass cups, not in those paper cups meant for retarded savants. Except that the Boston college cafe does not. But since it is in the countryside, we will forgive them. For now, but not for long.Changes
Sometimes, I am told that it is hard to keep up with my changing pursuits and goals. It may well be true, for I am not stable in the sense of having have decided early on, or even now, what I want of my life. I try to keep options open, to have intellectual and other adventures, and to not hurt other people or nature. Sometimes I realize, that I need to change direction, or that some opinion/stand of mine is not anymore valid or defensible. Then I have to change, even opportunistically. But a life predetermined would be a life pre-lived.An epidemic
A strange epidemic is aloof in USA. It seems to infect mostly young men. The main symptom is some kind of painful swelling in the groin, which forces the infected person to sit legs widely spread and take the space of two passengers in public transportation. The infection also leads to lower tolerance of cold, and thus to the need to wear baseball cap inside. It must be a variant of elephantitis. I just wonder how it has become so epidemic in USA.Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs November 2005".
Kommentit