Politics / Too quiet / Deformed faces

I manage only big things. Nobody may bother me with private things. I do not even bother myself with private things. J. K. Paasikivi

Politics

I will become a member of the Finnish Parliament in the next elections, whenever they may be. It is clear that politics in this country need a healthy dose on intellectual rigor and that the current economic policy is not opportunistic enough. Finland is not taking advantage of globalization. Nor is the Finnish state investing in area, which are going to bring a lot of money in the future. The current political climate would not allow trade with Soviet Union, if it would exist, and that would a big mistake. Stay tuned, my political pamphlet is coming out sooner than the incumbent dare to think.
Now, the political parties may start bidding for my candidacy. It will not be cheap, especially in terms of intellectual firepower and its devastating effects in their bureaus.
Paasikivi would turn if his grave in he would see the timidity of current politicians. I will let him rest in peace. Vote me!

Too quiet

I already miss the chatty Americans. Yesterday, I took a bus with some morning commuters. They were really boring, reserved, quiet. And they looked so depressed. I tried to chat with some of them, and they gave me the look. I understood, and continued reading my books. In Boston, I like the way many people chat in busses, sometimes some dance and sing. Not here, here commuting is like a trip to funeral.
But I had great fried pike-perch yesterday. I like the Finnish cuisine of fish. Not that Boston would be all meat place, but fish is so different here.

Deformed faces

I walked down the streets in rain and wind yesterday. Some other Finns were there as well. How sad did they look, oh boy. Many of them had permanently deformed faces by the sad, angry, reserved expression they wear most of the time. I think they should cheer up! I have decided not to deform my faces just because the crowd is sad.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs November 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki