Traveling / GM and other are killing themselves / Prime minister of Finland has a blog

Fools say that they learn by experience. I prefer to profit by others experience Otto Von Bismarck

Traveling

I like to travel, but every time I am about to leave home for some adventure, I get cranky and listless and unwilling to leave. I do not know it is so, but it happens every time. Nowadays, I have learned to expect this mental state, which makes it a bit easier to handle. Once I leave, I am happy and full of energy.

GM and other are killing themselves

According to NY Times carmakers are against stricter pollution standards. They are setting up court cases against the NY state, which tries to mandate new standards. This would be funny, if it would not demonstrate how seriously the management of car companies is out of touch with reality. It is only less than a month since customers very clearly demonstrated, what they will do if gasoline prices increase. They will buy smaller, more efficient car. And now the industry is using court case to avoid the need to build such cars. How stupid can the management be? The only clever move comes from Tokyo again. Some Japanese car companies are joining Americans in the court case. If the court case is successful and there will not be stricter standards, GM and Ford will not invest in efficient car. Toyota, Honda, etc will continue investing even more, despite their support to the court case. They realize, that gasoline prices will increase in the future and their customers will require efficient car. By supporting GM and Ford in their deliberate corporate suicide, Toyota and others will prosper.

Prime minister of Finland has a blog

But he is a very poor writer. His blog read like a middle school students diary. What a waste - why cannot we have prime minister who could write, whose blog would really deal with the hard political and value questions, which are essential. But it may be because of the wholesale listlessness of Finnish politics. I have to go back there and kick their asses. I can hardly wait to do so. Oh, I ma so cranky. I need to get some coffee and breakfast.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs November 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki