War on the cheap! / The war on Christmas / A fast awakening

How wonderful that we have met with a paradox. Now we have some hope of making progress. Niels Bohr

War on the cheap!

The cost of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan may soon hit half-trillion dollar mark. It is actually very cheap, a bargain for increased safety and security: only less than $1700 per each American (kids included). So, the famous 2 kid household in exurbia has so far, in the last 4 years, paid a very paltry amount of about $6800 for the wars. Money well and wisely spent. It is, indeed, hard to imagine any better use for such insignificant sums of money.

The war on Christmas

The fiery conservatives are imagining a "war on Christmas" as Wal-Mart employees wish them happy holidays instead of of merry Christmas. Some people just have too much time on their hands and ways too little sense of proportion. Anyway, I could start a war on Christmas songs, as they are so terrible, ultra-sweet. "The most wonderful day of the year" - after spending more and time on buying gifts.

A fast awakening

I woke up, talk to S on the phone for a while (her flights are late due to broken and then fixed airliners). When getting down from my loft, I was met with a pleasant surprise: my room was down to 15.1C, and after I let some fresh air in, it was down to 14.3C. Just the right temperature for taking a hot shower and then switching the heating on. How much I like this way of living close to the nature! It is so nice.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs December 2005".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki