Idle day / Business ideas / Albert Hofmann, 100-years today

The opposite on love is not hate. The opposite of love is indifference. Elie Wiesel

Idle day

Nothing much happened. Or then again, somewhat much. Check the blog of S for a short explanation of the things we did. You may even find out whom I casted my vote to in the presidential elections. By the way, I think Finland would be better off with a purely ceremonial president institution.

Business ideas

How about start a restaurant in which one could order some canine companion for the duration of dinner? There are many lonely and allergic people, who would like to have such a company. After all, petting a dog is a good way of relieving stress and lowering blood pressure. And, I think the idea is much more civilized/decent than lap-dancing or top-less servants.
Or, for really allergic people: the reverse dog-walking business. Not so that one would pay for someone to walk to dog, but that people could rent dogs by the hours for walking, playing and petting. I bet that a dog would be better than a personal trainer. So, shall we start a kennel and laugh all the way to the bank?

Albert Hofmann, 100-years today

The father of LSD, Albert Hofmann, celebrates his 100th birthdate soon. Quite an achievement. Now, it is a pity that the fundamentalists prevent us from experimenting with LSD (and many other drugs). Shame on them! Hoffman's view on death is interesting:
"I go back to where I came from, to where I was before I was born, that's all,
The whole interview is well worth the 10-minutes it takes to read.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs January to February 2006".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki