Weather / Rudeness

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei

Weather

Weather is very strange here. Last year, it was much colder, up to -17C. Now, for the whole January, it has been above zero C. Today, it was +4C when I walked to MIT at 8am. The forecast promises +12C later today. Actually, flying to San Francisco tomorrow does not guarantee warmer weather, which I find surprising.

Rudeness

Since I again have to search for my next job, I have done some networking, sent applications through web-interfaces, sent applications directly to recruiting managers, and contacted professional recruiters by email (as they encourage applicants to do). All but one (out to maybe 20) letter seem to have been deleted on arrival. No replies. The only reply was from a manager at Xerox PARC, who told that they do not have MS-level openings. Fair enough.
What is this rudeness? Are the employers so powerful, that they have lost all sense of politeness, all manners, and just plainly ignore applicants, even of my calibre. I do not understand. It seems that the best thing is to start to look for grants and fellowships and come back to MIT in the autumn for PhD-studies. After all, science is more fun than R&D, and the average competence and intelligence in MIT is way above that of in any company. Then again, being a systems architect in some large project is nice as well, but apparently I am not anymore suitable/competent for such a job - it is funny how education decreases competence.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs January to February 2006".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki