Talking to drunkards / Big party tomorrow / Getting old

I've lived in good climate, and it bores the hell out of me. I like weather rather than climate. John Steinbeck

Talking to drunkards

Here in Kallio, Helsinki, we certainly do not have a shortage of drunkards. Anytime I venture out, I meet some of them, sometimes even a larger group of them. Today, I was on my way to the local store to buy some groceries and I saw a group of three older drunkards. They supported each other, walked in a row, with the one's at the side supporting themselves with walking sticks. I greeted them. They replied happily. I find greeting people valuable. I find greeting drunkards especially valuable — too often we look down on our unfortunate compatriots. We should not, they are humans and valuable as such, just like CEOs and ministers.

Big party tomorrow

Whether the Finnish team beats Sweden and wins gold or not, the Finnish team will arrive with a special charter-flight to Helsinki right after the game. And then the party will reach its peak in the Market Square. It will be fun, all shy Finns behave outrageously and bars and breweries will make huge profits. I can hardly wait.

Getting old

I think I am getting older. After just 6 pints of beer (although in a very smoky bars), I overslept until 1 pm. This is not good. I think I should not drink more than a few pints. More than that makes me too sleepy, or reluctant to wake up.
Now, for a walk, then some research in certain SW architectures.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs January to February 2006".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki