Conan O'Brien in Finland — the show / Still very beautiful / Conspiracies / Faster by…
There is a diminishing sense of progress toward such ideals as peace of mind, peace on Earth, equality of opportunity, individual freedom and privacy, and the elimination of poverty. Russell Ackoff, 1971
Today it took me 24 minutes and 10 seconds from home to the A-train in Pasila, including the time to buy a ticket from the very slow vending machine. In all, it took 47 minutes from home to work, of which 36 was walking.
Some people just are so unsure of their feelings, their dedication, and those of the others, that they need society/state/church even in their love lives. Sissies! I see engaging and marrying only as signs of uncertainty, fear, and desperation.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March to June 2006".
Conan O'Brien in Finland — the show
We watched the Conan O'Brien in Finland special show yesterday. It was very interesting. I just wonder whether we Finns give such an impression in real life. I think the Finns he met came across as quite original, a bit lunatic but honest.Still very beautiful
It is still very beautiful weather today: no clouds, calm, 3C. I just have to take a walk from this place in the forest over the suburban boundary and back in the city itself. It is a nice walk, for I see lots of conifers, some strange people skiing on the frozen Baltic, quite a few birds, and finally I will reach the tram network and can take a tram back home. Not bad.Conspiracies
Since 9/11 a wide range of conspiracy theories have tried to blame the US government for the attacks. There literature is extensive and many documentaries and films have been made. Now we have a good opportunity to see some of the films. I may attend, but only for one or two films.Faster by the day
Even though young girls and boys pass me by, my walk to the Pasila railway station takes only 21 minutes. Last week it took 23 minutes. In a few week, I will be too fast for the young to overtake me. I have not been this slow ever — very humbling.Today it took me 24 minutes and 10 seconds from home to the A-train in Pasila, including the time to buy a ticket from the very slow vending machine. In all, it took 47 minutes from home to work, of which 36 was walking.
Hollywood politics in Finland
The minister of culture and education, Tarja Kampela, is bringing Hollywood-speed and attitudes to Finnish publicity and politics. She has now been in love for one month, has already engaged and even agreed on the wedding day.Some people just are so unsure of their feelings, their dedication, and those of the others, that they need society/state/church even in their love lives. Sissies! I see engaging and marrying only as signs of uncertainty, fear, and desperation.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March to June 2006".
Kommentit