I am a student again / A party
Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice. Spinoza
If I am not accepted to the ESD PhD in MIT, I may begin studying political history/science in the University of Helsinki. If I have to stay in Finland, I may as well study something.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March to June 2006".
I am a student again
I just realised, that I am a student in the University of Helsinki. I have a right to pursue studies in mathematics. I got the right by accident, when the university changed their IT-systems (or, I had the right in late 1980s, but I got another in theoretical philosophy, graduated, and thought the original right in math was cancelled — apparently it was not). I do not mind: only thing I have to do is to pay a fee of some 60 euros per year. By paying the fee I am also entitled to all kinds of discounts. Today I subscribed to Helsingin sanomat at a student price. Rather funny to get an accidental/additional admission to the best university in Finland...If I am not accepted to the ESD PhD in MIT, I may begin studying political history/science in the University of Helsinki. If I have to stay in Finland, I may as well study something.
A party
A friend of mine, Sirpa, had her birthday party yesterday. We went there. Also Maria, Satu, and Matti celebrated with us. We had nice time, very good cake, lots of sparking wine, and good coffee as well. Sirpa's apartment has a huge balcony, larger than her living room. A very nice balcony, but at this time of the year not so useful.Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March to June 2006".
Kommentit