In Tampere
If you are afraid of loneliness, don't marry. Anton Chekhov
I spent the weekend by meeting my relatives (kin) and friends. Everyone just about the way I remembered. No dramatic changes, which I assume is a good thing, for the older we get, the greater the likelihood of changes to the worse. Or is it, am I just in a pessimistic mood.
On Friday, I spent time with my brother and his friend Japi until 9pm. Then to Kössi's place for a good chat on Paris, work, and life. And maybe one or two drinks too much. For Saturday morning was on the slow side. I had a long walk, lunch, and then spent most of the rest of the day at my brother's garage with his friends Jäky, Hantta, and Kiili. Interesting men and good company, for a good time.
On Sunday, early train to Helsinki for a visit to S's mother's birthday. Good cake and very interesting coconut-salmon-soup. And some interesting stories about life in the Finnish countryside in the late 1950s.
Now back at home, tired. Transit workers may go on strike tomorrow. I hope not, for I need to travel to the countryside, where my office is. I hope I will later get a job in the city itself. Having to travel to the countryside daily decreases my quality of life way too much.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March to June 2006".
In Tampere
I spent the weekend by meeting my relatives (kin) and friends. Everyone just about the way I remembered. No dramatic changes, which I assume is a good thing, for the older we get, the greater the likelihood of changes to the worse. Or is it, am I just in a pessimistic mood.On Friday, I spent time with my brother and his friend Japi until 9pm. Then to Kössi's place for a good chat on Paris, work, and life. And maybe one or two drinks too much. For Saturday morning was on the slow side. I had a long walk, lunch, and then spent most of the rest of the day at my brother's garage with his friends Jäky, Hantta, and Kiili. Interesting men and good company, for a good time.
On Sunday, early train to Helsinki for a visit to S's mother's birthday. Good cake and very interesting coconut-salmon-soup. And some interesting stories about life in the Finnish countryside in the late 1950s.
Now back at home, tired. Transit workers may go on strike tomorrow. I hope not, for I need to travel to the countryside, where my office is. I hope I will later get a job in the city itself. Having to travel to the countryside daily decreases my quality of life way too much.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March to June 2006".
Kommentit