Kuhn vs Popper / Eating fish

War is only a cowardly escape from the problems of peace. Thomas Mann

Kuhn vs Popper

I left for a 2-hour walk, but found myself reading Kuhn vs Popper by Steve Fuller in Akateeminen bookstore. It seems to be a books worth reading, a bit light in my taste, but having new insights, at least for me, a dilettante in philosophy. I read the introduction, the first one or two chapters and the conclusion. In the conclusion Fuller compares Kuhn and Heidegger claiming that Kuhn did not meet his responsibility as an intellectual. Kuhn was also, according to Fuller, too much authoritarian, justifying the status quo and telling scientist to obey, work on the normal science. I will return to Akateeminen and read the rest of the book next weekend.
I definitely should refresh my knowledge on the philosophy of science. It would meant reading some books again, for I read them in early 1990s. Let's see.

Eating fish

The official recommendation, repeated ad nauseam in the Finnish press, is to eat fish twice a week. What a wimpy recommendation! It is 2 pm on Saturday and I have eaten fish twice today (tuna for breakfast, herrings for lunch) and I will still cook some risotto with smoked salmon in the evening. Yesterday, I had tuna for breakfast, some other fish (at the office cafeteria, I am not sure of the species always) for lunch, and fried small white fish (muikku) for dinner.
One of the best things in Finland is the abundance of all kinds of fish. Fish is also very cheap here! What a paradise for me!

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March to June 2006".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki