Smoking and education / A battle of wills / Radiopuhelimet / A bird / Revenge of suburbia
Wise men don't need to prove their point; men who need to prove their point aren't wise. Laozi
Bush also blames the current mess in Iraq on Saddam. Rather ingenious.
If I am lucky, I will see the bird again today.
I almost cry for the god of US air force to drop a salt-bomb from a B-52 to clear the slush.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March to June 2006".
Smoking and education
The more one studies, the less likely to smoke one is. In Finland, after 9 years of education, about 50% smoke. After 12 years, about 35% smoke. After college, about 20% smoke. Having master's degree drops smoking to 10%. The survey does not tell what happens after PhD.A battle of wills
Now, U.S. tells Shiite bloc it opposes Jafari as premier. Jafari himself warns U.S. to stop interfering. I cannot really make sense of this all, but somehow it seems that one should not take democracy light-heartedly. Arranging elections in the mid of a civil war, in a divided country, and then not accepting the results, is a recipe for confusion, if not worse.Bush also blames the current mess in Iraq on Saddam. Rather ingenious.
Radiopuhelimet
Radiopuhelimet (walkie-talkies), a punk-band from Oulu, plays today in the "Kuudes linja"-club. The earlier incarnation of Radiopuhelimet, Kansanturvamusiikkikomissio(Commission of music for safety of the people), has been one of my absolute favorites. Their lyrics are just interesting (Sic!)Nikita Hrutshev Nikita Hrutshev Nikita Hrutshev Jesus Stalin Maansiirtotraktori Maansiirtotraktori Maansiirtotraktori SähköveturiLet's see whether I manage to get in today.
A bird
I saw the black woodpecker I have missed the other day. It is such a handsome bird. It was searching for something to eat by knocking a willow. It had done that for a while, since a large part of the willow was peeled already.If I am lucky, I will see the bird again today.
Revenge of suburbia
The suburbia is fierce, full of revenge. Today, after reading what I wrote yesterday, it had filled all the sidewalks with 5 centimeters of slush. It was next to impossible to walk to the office. The streets, of course, were clear and dry, for the pot bellied car drivers to drive.I almost cry for the god of US air force to drop a salt-bomb from a B-52 to clear the slush.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March to June 2006".
Kommentit