Test your brains and mouse / Great maps / Mind and body / Size of one's home
I envy paranoids; they actually feel people are paying attention to them. Susan Sontag
I am sure the situation is a-changing, for I cannot leave mind mind adrift this much.
I do understand that suburbanites need larger homes, for in the suburbs one's home is all there is. In the countryside, even more so. That's is why Americans prefer so large houses.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March to June 2006".
Test your brains and mouse
Try the following game. Grab the red square and try to steer clear of blue ones and the walls. If you can do it for 18 second, good. The site claims that fighter pilots must be able to play for 2 minutes. Who knows.Great maps
Dave sent me a link to a site of wonderful maps. The size of countries are relative to their population, number of incoming flights, etc. Fascinating and thought provoking.Mind and body
Philosophers have struggled with the mind-body-problem for ages. What is the relationship between them? I have now found the answer. When I strain my mind a lot, I have no interest in straining my body that much. A little, maybe 40 minutes of walking a day, but not much, like I did a year ago in MIT. Now, in Finland, I seem to be having a lot of physical exercise and less interest in straining my mind. So, I walk a lot, visit the gym regularly, work using less than 20% of my mind and energy, and even read only a book a week or so. Thus, mind and body are separate, one can only strain one at the time.I am sure the situation is a-changing, for I cannot leave mind mind adrift this much.
Size of one's home
Some people think that 50 square meters is not enough for two persons. I think it is quite enough, for an active person does not stay that much at home. A city person, futhermore, has public rooms for spending one's time. It is quite nice to meet friends in a nice cafe next to one's home. Or have dinner at a decent restaurant.I do understand that suburbanites need larger homes, for in the suburbs one's home is all there is. In the countryside, even more so. That's is why Americans prefer so large houses.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March to June 2006".
Kommentit