Tired / On patents / Early / Peculiar
It takes a long time to become young. Pablo Picasso
Work was fun today. I read hundreds of pages, too 10 pages of notes, and drank 6 cups of terrible coffee. Tomorrow, I am going to write tens of pages. The only problem is that the best time to write is after 6pm and I definitely will not spend my evenings in the countryside. Maybe I just have to learn to write in the afternoons.
This is a common problem with re-architecting complex systems. One has to deal with the legacy. Just hoping for the legacy to go away is tempting, but kind of sissy thing to do. Even more sissy is to shy away from re-architecting due to fear of legacy or dubious arguments for reuse of some assets.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March to June 2006".
Tired
I somehow got tired. I lost all energy and could not go the gym. Well, it does not matter. I had more time to read. I read a book on how to become a novelist or author in general. If all else fails, I can always make a modest living by writing this and that. I am quite sure about that.Work was fun today. I read hundreds of pages, too 10 pages of notes, and drank 6 cups of terrible coffee. Tomorrow, I am going to write tens of pages. The only problem is that the best time to write is after 6pm and I definitely will not spend my evenings in the countryside. Maybe I just have to learn to write in the afternoons.
On patents
Even though some of my patents are not that remarkable, I have to agree with NY Times's editorial on patents. The patent system has clearly got out of hand and needs to be fixed. Or maybe scrapped and replaced with something better. In that case, what would we do with millions of dubious patents already accepted and in effect? There is no way we could go through them and reconsider.This is a common problem with re-architecting complex systems. One has to deal with the legacy. Just hoping for the legacy to go away is tempting, but kind of sissy thing to do. Even more sissy is to shy away from re-architecting due to fear of legacy or dubious arguments for reuse of some assets.
Early
I changed in MIT. I got used to waking up early. In 2004, it was next to impossible for me to reach the suburban office by 9am. Now, I can make it several days in a row. It must be that I am getting old and less naively rebellious. Or that I value my time after work so much, that I want to be back before 6pm. At least today, for I want to read some books and then go to the gym and be back reading before 9pm. Days are like each other, but not quite ordinary. Luckily.Peculiar
The weather is peculiar. It looks like spring, but bites like winter. Now, really nice sunshine, calm, but -11C. Walking to Pasila (21 minutes) will definitely wake me up. Good, since I have planned for tasks, which require a very energetic mood. And MIT-intensity.Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March to June 2006".
Kommentit