A day in life / Some links / More on education and future of Finland / A question

The difficulty lies, not in the new ideas, but in escaping the old ones, which ramify, for those brought up as most of us have been, into every corner of our minds. John Maynard Keynes

A day in life

Not an ordinary one, luckily. In the morning, I visited the bank to deposit my rent deposit (?), then took a bus to the office, wrote a document, chatted with some friends and left for civilized city again. Later, I met Petja and other at their monthly meeting. Then, back home. Not too bad, actually rather good.

Some links

Why Saddam is Laughing all the Way to the Gallows is an interesting argument claiming that Saddam is getting more than he ever dreamt of. Who knows? An interesting speculation about what Bush did know and when he did. It seems that Mr. Bush was claiming that Saddam had WMDs when he knew that it was not the case. Finally, a long story about prisons as mental asylums.

More on education and future of Finland

I really do not believe, that more and further education is the key to Finland's future success. If it were, I would expect there to be a market for professionals like me. There is none, but there is a market for professionals with less and worse education and less experience. It really does seem that world-class education is a liability in Finland, as anyone willing to spend time on studies instead of something else is clearly nuts and thus not suitable for any job. Or something. I do have a bit low mood today. Moody, me, eh?

A question

Suppose that I would want to try my luck at some other company as the current one. Suppose further that I would like to live in Helsinki and also work in Helsinki. Which companies would be possible for me, keeping in mind my long experience in systems architecting and my decent education from MIT. Are there any? How to find information about open positions? All positions advertised in the net are just fake, just there to meet some fair (sic!) process requirements or something.
Not that I would be about to get fired or to quit, but I am just curious.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs March to June 2006".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki