Prejudices

There are two sorts of death: death of the body and death of the spirit. Stress hastens both of them but laughter, however trivial its cause, has the opposite effect. Obsessive worrying is an unforgivable waste of living organism's most precious commodity, one that could be better used to pursue trivialities that promote laughter: time. David Inman

Prejudices

Prejudices are strange. Everyone has them, but nobody knows his own. The only way of getting to know them and get rid of them, is to confront them. Facing any of one's own prejudice is always startling. I remember how shocked I was in early eighties when I first saw a woman driving a bus. I almost refused to get on the bus!
If one loses curiousity, one cannot get rid of prejudices. What a failure will life be then!

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs July to September 2006".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki