Ford gets help from Boeing / Soccer / Cole on Bush / Baking / Trees of Finland, improved
Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer since to remain constantly at work will cause you to lose power of judgment. Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller, and more of it can be taken in at a glance, and a lack of harmony or portion is more readily seen. Leonardo da Vinci
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs July to September 2006".
Ford gets help from Boeing
A top executive from Boeing (how many do they have?) has become the CEO of Ford. He does not have any auto industry experience, which in case of Ford may actually be a good thing. In any case, auto industry is not the place to invest for any longer period, for its peak is well past. The same is true for the airliner industry as well, so the new nomination is right on the mark. Two dying industries getting together for the last mile. I just wonder how an executive from military/b2b industry will manage a consumer product company. Time will tell, but the omens are what they are.Soccer
Somehow I developed an interest in soccer and ice hockey. I enjoy watching them in a bar with hundreds other fans. I do not know why, for I am usually not tempted to this kind of group activities. Is it just the beer or is there something more to it? Anyway, I, Petri and Mila wathed Finland against Portugal today in bar Mascot and bar Gothan City. Finland played well: 1-1.Cole on Bush
Juan Cole has written a clever analysis on the Bush administration's "war on terror", which Cole thinks is just an excuse for getting US hand on the oil in the Middle-East and its vicinity. Cole concludes, somewhat arrogantlyBush is undermining our Republic, gutting our rights, spending us into penury, and smearing a great civilization, in order to get his grubby fingers on the Ellipse. You get to pay for it twice, once at the pump and once on your annual tax return.My dear readers in the USA. Please vote for the other party in November and impeach Bush away. It is certainly in your, even short term and financial, interests.
Baking
When I was younger, I used to bake a lot. Sometimes I even baked 32 loaves of bread in one morning. Then I started to work and to buy bread from the grocery store. How stupid! I bake better bread and it is way cheaper. Baking is also fun. So, I baked some bread today. It was fun indeed.Trees of Finland, improved
After returning from the monthly Tuesday-meeting, I improved my tree portal. Now it has links to USDA's PLANTS-database. Internet is amazing!Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs July to September 2006".
Kommentit