Going off-line / What engineers know / Wasps eating herring

We know not where we come from, still less where we are going, and to keep from going crazy while we are here, we want to feel that we truly belong to a specific part of the world. James Kunstler

Going off-line

I will be off-line for a day or two. I have found that internet and email are just too addictive and quite useless time drains. So, I have decided to cut down the time I spend online. I find, that I learn much more by reading books than e.g browsing Wikipedia.

What engineers know

A good article on the epistemology of engineering by Citt: What engineers know. Even better would be to read Walter Vincenti's book What engineers know and how they know it, but I do not have it at hand right now. Maybe I will order it from Amazon.

Wasps eating herring

Some anonymous American does not believe that wasps eat herrings. Well, I took some photos to show that I am not hallucinating. See the picture on the right.

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs July to September 2006".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki