War on terror / Weekend / Wasps / Fate of a beer drinker
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. Samuel Beckett
Here, a great map of NYC subways to help terrorists and others to find their targets. I so miss NYC.
On Saturday, morning coffee with S in the Hakaniemi-marketplace. A market is a place to see the whole span of human life from the sublime to the vulgar, the rich to the poor, the young to the old. By a entrance, a group of youth athletes were chatting, while a group of drunkards were warming in the morning sun. What a contrast of fortunes, but how long will it last. How many of the athletes will join the drunkards?
We bought some quilts etc in Hemtex, a Swedish linen shop, which seems to run sales every other month. They are never cheap, but quality is decent.
Kö paid us a visit, always welcome. We had a nice walk by the sea, Finnish fish-lunch at Kontan Möljä, etc, later we watched Finland beating Poland in soccer (in a pub) and then visited some other bars. On Sunday, Kössi and S literally forced me to the new ferris wheel in the Linnanmäki amusement park. I was very scared, but I have to admit that the views are nice. Later, napping and idling.
When oil will run out, or become very expensive, most humans will become wasps, trying to eke out a living on the expense of others.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs July to September 2006".
War on terror
War on terror in the Bourne shell. Very accurate.Here, a great map of NYC subways to help terrorists and others to find their targets. I so miss NYC.
Weekend
Just to remember. On Friday, after a decent day in the office, a visit to the public "Kotiharjun sauna". It is always as fun as one can imagine to have a bath there. Someday, I will ask the old lady to give me a wash. So far, I have chickened out. Even without the old lady, I have to agree with Olli, who said: "Kotiharju sauna is Helsinki at its best". I hope many foreigners dare to visit as well. After Sauna, dinner in the restaurant Bullman and a pint in the cheapest watering hole around, the Roskapankki-pub. At that point, Lauri left leaving me, Olli, and Mikael to sort out the future of the telecom business. It is still a bit messy, for we got tired and left.On Saturday, morning coffee with S in the Hakaniemi-marketplace. A market is a place to see the whole span of human life from the sublime to the vulgar, the rich to the poor, the young to the old. By a entrance, a group of youth athletes were chatting, while a group of drunkards were warming in the morning sun. What a contrast of fortunes, but how long will it last. How many of the athletes will join the drunkards?
We bought some quilts etc in Hemtex, a Swedish linen shop, which seems to run sales every other month. They are never cheap, but quality is decent.
Kö paid us a visit, always welcome. We had a nice walk by the sea, Finnish fish-lunch at Kontan Möljä, etc, later we watched Finland beating Poland in soccer (in a pub) and then visited some other bars. On Sunday, Kössi and S literally forced me to the new ferris wheel in the Linnanmäki amusement park. I was very scared, but I have to admit that the views are nice. Later, napping and idling.
Wasps
Wasps are funny in the autumn. They do not have to feed the nest anymore, they feel their time is up, and they just want to party. Wasps' idea of good time seems to include eating meat and sugar as much as they can. They are fearless, buzz around and land on pizzas and pies. Funny creatures, making eating outside very entertaining.When oil will run out, or become very expensive, most humans will become wasps, trying to eke out a living on the expense of others.
Fate of a beer drinker
The fate, or course of life, of beer drinker goes: höpö, röhö, löhö, pöhö, möhö, in Finnish. After a wonderful weekend, I have progressed to the "löhö"-phase, just taking naps all day long. I hope my progress stops here.August 2006
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs July to September 2006".
Kommentit