Morning news / Some worthy blogs / Speculation on the next war / Problems with…

By getting up early in the morning one also gets more time at his disposal for work as compared to late-risers. Scholar and thinkers get up early in the morning and contemplate. Rig Veda quote

Morning news

Newspapers I check in the morning
Yes, it takes time and may depress. Still, it is worth the trouble.

Some worthy blogs

A selection political of blogs I follow regularly.
Please, point me to other worthy blogs!

Speculation on the next war

Information clearing house, another independent US-media, carries an interesting story: Iran - a bridge too far. The argument is quite simple. If the USA attacks Iran, Iran is able to sink the US navy in the Gulf. Iran has bought some nasty missiles from Russia. There is no way to defend aircraft carriers from those missiles and Iran seems to have quite a few missiles hidden in the mountains. The net is also full of speculation that these missiles have tilted the balance of power globally, for the might of the US navy is gone now. The Chinese have the same missiles.
Another, a bit overblown article, on the missiles and their effect on the balance of power. I am no specialist in defense, but it does seems that Russia is playing its cards much better than the USA.
Also Globalsecurity.org calls for caution when attacking Iran .

Problems with Saturdays

Saturdays are depressing. I wake up, have breakfast and then I am already exhausted, down, desperate. All I want is to sleep, waiting for Sunday and Monday to come. It has always been this way and it is just getting worse.
And then they hanged Saddam Hussein. Idiots. So depressing. Killing anyone, for any reasons is always wrong, unethical, and unproductive. Just letting Saddam stay in some jail for the rest of his life would have served him alright.
Back to Saturdays. I have to find a way to avoid this regular Saturday collapse. Maybe I should go the gym and pool first thing in the morning. That would wake me up properly and consume some extra energy. It is the extra energy that collapses me, energy which I cannot use for anything, it just drives me mad, sad, bad. Maybe I should then start writing something, developing my systems architecture website, or writing plays (I am still fascinated by "Gogol around the corner" and "Lives of no significance" and some other plays), and all the while listening to punk rock.
Or just getting up, not reading the depressing news in the news papers and in the net, instead thinking all by myself. Maybe it would better to read papers only in the evenings, when my excessive sensitivity cannot spoil anything. For sleep comes easily to me, and the more raw material for dreams, the better. For dreams are better than any TV-show, reality or otherwise.
I could maybe study some languages. Italian would be useful for my frequent holidays in Italy, Arabic for following politics in the Middle East. Latin would be just fun, in its uselessness and grammatical beauty.
All of sudden, I feel much better. Now, I can leave the building, go walking a book for an hour and 30 pages, then for a lunch with S. Self-medication with meditation helped. Thanks for reading. Now, go walking your book.

Daily haiku

Climate changes
People care for shopping
Nature prevails
Mane the mean

Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs December 2006".

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Elämäni baarit

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki