Snap - a good idea or not? / How to motivate / How to read / Open doors
One kind word can warm three winter months. Japanese Proverb
Note that the default delay before a preview pops up is half a second. Increasing it to one second (in options) makes snap less aggressive. Try it.
What do you think? Is Snap a good idea? Does search with picture results make searching easier than Google's text-based search?
Energy is too cheap still. Also, the district heating means that the shop owners do not pay directly for energy, the costs are included in the rents. Here, the efficiency of district heating etc works against us all.
I assume we could learn to tells an open shop from a closed one even if all doors would be closed.
By the way, we now have proper winter here: -10 C, calm, dry, even some 10cm snow.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs January 2007".
Snap - a good idea or not?
I added snap previews to this site. Now a cursor hovering over a link should bring up a picture of the linked page. Musicnaut already called snap previews annoying. I have not yet made up my mind. I may well remove the previews soon.Note that the default delay before a preview pops up is half a second. Increasing it to one second (in options) makes snap less aggressive. Try it.
What do you think? Is Snap a good idea? Does search with picture results make searching easier than Google's text-based search?
How to motivate
Nokia made bigger profit it ever has in 2006. One would think that making a record profit would be good enough a reason for giving some bonus to the employees. Not so in Nokia. The profit should have been even bigger for Nokia to afford any bonuses. I am sure that Nokia's employees are now brimming with motivation and loyalty. They will work so much harder next year, that even Stakhanov could not work any harder.How to read
I read while walking. The Chinese read while doing acrobatics. I envy them - maybe I will learn the trick next summer.Open doors
We Finns have a curious habit: we keep our shop doors open even during the coldest winter. Or, not all door, just the front door — there is usually another door still. Somehow, we do not believe that we can understand which shop is open, if the door is not open.Energy is too cheap still. Also, the district heating means that the shop owners do not pay directly for energy, the costs are included in the rents. Here, the efficiency of district heating etc works against us all.
I assume we could learn to tells an open shop from a closed one even if all doors would be closed.
By the way, we now have proper winter here: -10 C, calm, dry, even some 10cm snow.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs January 2007".
Kommentit