Climate change / Some links / Staying up late / War on Iran
I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war. Albert Einstein
Let's hope that Iran can teach the USA a lesson, maybe with Moskit missiles. Of course, the markets will teach the USA a lesson, but then again, the US government does not believe in market economy any more that the Chinese does.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs February to March 2007".
Climate change
The report came out yesterday. Let's see what kinds of excuses our politician come up with this time. We have elections coming, with almost no serious discussion on energy conservation etc. More later, now I try not to become depressed or possessed by this problem.Some links
- Kick the oil habit — another view on the oil conundrum
- Orders of magnitude — list of things of different size, weight, power, etc. Very surprising, for an ignorasmus like me.
- Megaproject — a list of project of great size, difficulty, or importance. Those who worked as systems architects in these projects are my hereos and idols. I would like to meet many of them.
- Secret Worlds: The Universe Within — series of pictures from the Milky way to electrons. Worth several viewings.
- Trapeze for turning pdf-files to something else.
Staying up late
I cannot help it. I regularly find myself staying up until 5 am on Saturdays, hacking, reading, writing, yawning. Then I sleep some 5 hours and do not feel any tiredness. It is strange, but it is the way I would like to live every day. But I cannot, for the others at work wake up so early and I need to meet them sometime before noon. On the other hand, I like to leave the office by 6pm, which creates other problems.War on Iran
John Pilger has written on coming war, this time the USA vs Iran. The USA is once again trying to find casus belli where there is none. They will start another illegal war, maybe even nuclear war, for no other reason but being unable to admit that they were wrong. And the good citizens of the USA are not able to stand up, make the government stop its idiotic plans. So sad.Let's hope that Iran can teach the USA a lesson, maybe with Moskit missiles. Of course, the markets will teach the USA a lesson, but then again, the US government does not believe in market economy any more that the Chinese does.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs February to March 2007".
Kommentit