My 20% cut in CO2 emissions / Local cooling
Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. Thich Nhat Hanh
Any other ideas?
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs February to March 2007".
My 20% cut in CO2 emissions
So, the EU has agreed. I will do my part by- Not flying that much anymore - I can easily cut flying down by 80%.
- Eating less fish, eating more local food (vegetables of season). In general, eating less.
- Walking to the office, and in general using only electric public transit.
- Buying less stuff — I have almost anything I need, anyway
- Taking shorter and cooler showers, maybe even less frequently.
- Later: moving to a better insulated apartment, or getting my own built.
- At work: inventing ways of running the business with less energy, or energy from renewable sources.
- Recycling more, since not all waste can be avoided.
Any other ideas?
Local cooling
Nature thanks us for our good intentions. Yesterday, the EU decided to cut CO2 emissions by 20% by 2020. Today, it is -20C and sunny. Local cooling in return of trying to avert global warming.Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs February to March 2007".
Kommentit