Today / New books
Time waste differs from material waste in that there can be no salvage. Henry Ford
I even managed to write something in the early afternoon. I was very surprised. But I did surf the net quite much, as I always do when the thing I write is not that creative, but contains some administrative stuff. I just cannot help it.
In Guardian Weekly, Marcus Buckingham once again emphasizes the importance on working on one's strengths and trying to avoid one's weakness. He proposes a way to find out one's strengths: keeping a diary on things one like to do and those one does not. Those one likes are likely to be those one should spend more time doing. Doing this exercise at work would be beneficial for the company and the employee. I will try it in the next two weeks.
We have also bought some 3 books a week in the least few months. I will list them here later. I think I should buy a camera and library SW so that I could list all my books online. It would help e.g. not to buy same books several times.
Last Friday, I received The Toyota Production System: Beyond Large-Scale Production by Taiichi Ohno. It is a much better than I anticipated. I knew that I would love the ideas, but I did not know that Mr. Ohno is such a funny writer.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs February to March 2007".
Today
A quiet but productive day. I spend all day writing some plans for my project. I also studied data warehousing, something which I need to excel in very near future. It is fun, it is always fun to learn new things.I even managed to write something in the early afternoon. I was very surprised. But I did surf the net quite much, as I always do when the thing I write is not that creative, but contains some administrative stuff. I just cannot help it.
In Guardian Weekly, Marcus Buckingham once again emphasizes the importance on working on one's strengths and trying to avoid one's weakness. He proposes a way to find out one's strengths: keeping a diary on things one like to do and those one does not. Those one likes are likely to be those one should spend more time doing. Doing this exercise at work would be beneficial for the company and the employee. I will try it in the next two weeks.
New books
I just received The Shock of the Old by David Edgerton. It seems to be a very interesting book as it studies the history of technology not via inventions but via actual use by societies. I will write a review/summary soon.We have also bought some 3 books a week in the least few months. I will list them here later. I think I should buy a camera and library SW so that I could list all my books online. It would help e.g. not to buy same books several times.
Last Friday, I received The Toyota Production System: Beyond Large-Scale Production by Taiichi Ohno. It is a much better than I anticipated. I knew that I would love the ideas, but I did not know that Mr. Ohno is such a funny writer.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs February to March 2007".
Kommentit