Two interesting articles / Busy / Fonecta replied!
As a teenager I was more of an anarchist, but now I want people to thrive and be harmonious. Nicolas Cage
On Thursday, working as usual, later listening to a lecture on 9/11 conspiracy theories. Just crazy to think that the US government would be competent enough to come up with and implement such a conspiracy! Just look how good they are both in secrecy and getting things done elsewhere. I think they did know that the 9/11 attack were about to take place, but were just too complacent and incompetent and afraid to do anything. Just like Stalin was before the Germans attacked in WWII.
On Friday, work (and good work indeed - I invented a way to save a few million euros for my employer!), then meeting with Petri and Edda in Cafe Ekberg, one of Helsinki's treasures. Edda is my goddaughter, although I am certainly one of the worst, or least present, of godfathers. But maybe just existing, visiting sometimes, is worth something. Even later, hacking at home, reading, then having a beer with S in Hilpeä hauki. Their beer selection is quite phenomenal.
Today, on Saturday, visiting the Mannerheim museum — a hero of almost every Finn, (see e.g this short biography) then having late lunch in Kok Thai, and getting entertained by the new Bond-movie, which was much better than the last 5 or so.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs February to March 2007".
Two interesting articles
- Why the U.S. Can't Win Iraq's Civil War by James D. Fearon
- What Iraq Tells Us About Ourselves by Col. W. Patrick Lang, Jr.
Busy
Kind of busy, or avoiding excessive time for self-reflection. Sometimes it pays not to think too much about personal issues, just live for the moment, and not to worry. Or something.On Thursday, working as usual, later listening to a lecture on 9/11 conspiracy theories. Just crazy to think that the US government would be competent enough to come up with and implement such a conspiracy! Just look how good they are both in secrecy and getting things done elsewhere. I think they did know that the 9/11 attack were about to take place, but were just too complacent and incompetent and afraid to do anything. Just like Stalin was before the Germans attacked in WWII.
On Friday, work (and good work indeed - I invented a way to save a few million euros for my employer!), then meeting with Petri and Edda in Cafe Ekberg, one of Helsinki's treasures. Edda is my goddaughter, although I am certainly one of the worst, or least present, of godfathers. But maybe just existing, visiting sometimes, is worth something. Even later, hacking at home, reading, then having a beer with S in Hilpeä hauki. Their beer selection is quite phenomenal.
Today, on Saturday, visiting the Mannerheim museum — a hero of almost every Finn, (see e.g this short biography) then having late lunch in Kok Thai, and getting entertained by the new Bond-movie, which was much better than the last 5 or so.
Fonecta replied!
I got email from Fonecta. Their advice is to put a sign "No phonebooks" on the door. So, I will not get phone books next year. Great. Now I just have to take this year's books back to Fonecta. Certainly I will not have them on my overly full book shelves.Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs February to March 2007".
Kommentit