Gathering energy and knowledge / Walking / Reading
Don't join the book burners. Do not think you are going to conceal thoughts by concealing evidence that they ever existed. Dwight D. Eisenhower
I have, however, a terrible problem. I cannot do things things alone, but I hate group activities. A dilemma. No idea how to solve it, it has bothered me always, ever since I tried to play ice hockey in a team and failed, lost my nerves totally. Any help is welcome.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs February to March 2007".
Gathering energy and knowledge
Last year, I was a bit down. It was such a shock to return from MIT to Finland, to the normal working life. Now I have adjusted, do not mind the normal working life that much anymore, do not get irritated by average people. Most of us are, maybe I am as well, quite average. So, not minding the work that much leaves quite a lot of time for some other things: reading and thinking, soon for writing too, I hope. But I need to find some bright people to work with, if not at work all the time, then outside work, at hobbies. There are some such people around, I am sure.I have, however, a terrible problem. I cannot do things things alone, but I hate group activities. A dilemma. No idea how to solve it, it has bothered me always, ever since I tried to play ice hockey in a team and failed, lost my nerves totally. Any help is welcome.
Walking
Walking to the office and back is quite enough exercise for me during weekdays: up to 30 km and 5 hours per week. Enough, quite enough. On Saturdays and Sundays, some strolling, in the summer cycling. Should keep me fit and a bit leaner.Reading
I completed reading two books today. 39 books this year and counting. I intend to read at least one additional book (on agile SW development) this week and some novels next week. I should be able to keep my monthly average at 15 if I am at all lucky.Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs February to March 2007".
Kommentit