Poems and poets / New books / Day, today
You need the willingness to fail all the time. You have to generate many ideas and then you have to work very hard only to discover that they do not work. And you keep doing that over and over until you find one that does work. John W. Backus
I came to realize that I may not be a poet in hiding. I find it hard to think that I could really write some poems. Maybe I am just an engineer. Nothing wrong with that either.
At work, nothing special: some meetings, a lot of discussions (some even on real issues), some design work, a lot of writing. No coffee. No Pepsi max. No clarity. But quite much fun.
Later, the poetry event. Then taking a tram to home, (daily tram ride is better than Prozac), reading, listening to ska, enjoying life with S.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs February to March 2007".
Poems and poets
Today was an international memorial day in honor of Anna Politkovskaya. In more than 50 countries poets, Anna's friends, and friends of democracy came together. In Helsinki, some 100 people gathered in restaurant Belly. Some poets read their poems, some politicians read excerpts from Anna's books. A solemn evening.I came to realize that I may not be a poet in hiding. I find it hard to think that I could really write some poems. Maybe I am just an engineer. Nothing wrong with that either.
New books
Two new books today:- Atlas of war and peace by Dan Smith
- The Toyota product development system by James M. Morgan, Jeffrey K. Liker
Day, today
A very normal day. Walking to work, while reading a book and making notes in its marginals. It takes 40 minutes while reading intensively, 30 while just walking. But just walking is so boring, a waste of life. Life is getting short, but new books keep on coming to me. No time to waste.At work, nothing special: some meetings, a lot of discussions (some even on real issues), some design work, a lot of writing. No coffee. No Pepsi max. No clarity. But quite much fun.
Later, the poetry event. Then taking a tram to home, (daily tram ride is better than Prozac), reading, listening to ska, enjoying life with S.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs February to March 2007".
Kommentit