Rainy day in Berlin

20.8.2022, lauantai · Berliini

klo 9.36 · 2 kuvaa
Observing insects is one of my favorite pastimes. Here two recent encounters.

#nature #naturephotography #insect #insectphotography

klo 9.45 · 1 kuva
Senfeier - mustard eggs - is a German specialty and one of my favorite dishes. It is both delicious and simple: boiled eggs, mashed potatoes and mustard sauce. So good with German beer. I cannot recommend Senfeier enough. So, next time you find yourself in German, especially Berlin, make it to Prater and have good time!

#manesinterrail2022 #senfeier #pratergarten #berlin #germany #foodporn

klo 11.31 · 2 kuvaa
Rainy morning in Berlin. Having breakfast in one of the 4 bakeries of Winstraße, this one being a bio bakery. Fresh croissants, bread and damn good coffee. Nothing to complain about.

It should be overcast today, not too rainy. I will rent city bicycles and ride around Berlin, just randomly, not looking at maps. I try to get lost, which I failed to do yesterday.

Nextbike city bikes are quite good, but their quality varies. Being almost free, they make do. Next month I will rent a proper touring bike and make longer trips around Berlin and beyond.

Cycling infrastructure is also good enough here. Safe and easy to navigate.

#manesinterrail2022 #coffee #breakfast #berlin

klo 19.16 · 1 kuva
Huh! Onneksi en ole varakas. En joudu käyttämään verottomia karmeita huumeita. Saan juoda ihan verollista olutta.

klo 22.44 · 1 kuva
Night falls in Berlin. It has been a rainy day and I have not done much. Mostly just walked around Prenzlauer Berg, wondering how the poor communist dictatorship preserved something very valuable: the 100 year old city plans designed before cars took over. Of course, communists created terrible suburbs but they totally neglected Prenzlauer Berd by the wall. And now, after 30 years of repairs, the area is just lovely. I am sure there would be demand for few Prenzlauer Bergs more.

But enough of Berlin for now. Tomorrow again traveling by train to the Netherlands.

#manesinterrail2022 #berlin #sunset #dusk #park #travel #travelphotography

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Elämäni baarit

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki

Byträskin järvi ja pähkinäpensaslehto

Päätin elää vielä 20 vuotta / Marco Kosonen

Omituisia hahmoja

Montako katua Helsingissä on?

Hyvästi Facebook!