Lepopäivän aamukonsertti
16.5.2022, maanantai · Babberich
Heräsin lepopäivänä mustarastaiden aamukonserttiin, johon kyyhkyset huhuilullaan liittyivät epärytmisesti.
Ystäväni Jubbe lähti töihin, fillarilla tottakai. Entä minä? Mitä lepopäivänä tekisin? Pyykit pesin jo eilen, pyörässä ei ole korjattavaa eikä partaakaan tarvitse käydä lyhentämässä. Muutaman ylimääräiseksi jo nyt osoittautuneen tavaran voisin postittaa takaisin kotiin, mutta sen ehdin seuraavanakin lepopäivänä. Maasto on yhä sen verran tasaista, että kiire ei ole karsimisella.
Tutkistelin eilen Ranskan karttaa ja majoitusliikkeiden sijaintia. Koska haluaisin yöpyä paikassa, jonka yhteydessä tai vieressä on ravintola, totesin Pariisin kiertämisen lännestä olevan huono idea. Siellä ei näytä oleva juuri mitään.
Pariisin läpi kulkee Eurovelo 3-pyöräreiti, jolle pääsen 90km Brysselistä etelään Maubeugessa. Reitti kulkee koko matkan Santiago de Compostelaan. Uskosin virallisen reitin varrella olevan majoituliikkkeitä ja kauniita paikkoja.
Pariisin läpi taidan polkea yhden päivän aikana yöpyen ensi kaupungin pohjoispuolella ja seuraavaksi eteläpuolella. Fillarin kanssa voisi mennä majoittuminen hankalaksi.
Vai tunteeko joku lukijani jonkun, joka majoittaisi minut ja fillarin yhdeksi yöksi Pariisissa? Olisihan toki kiva viettää ilta Pariisissa.
Hyvää maanantaita kaikille. Itse ajattelin nyt syödä aamiaista ja jatkaa nukkumista.
Katso kuva Instagramissa
Walking to Germany and back to the Netherlands. So easy! So peaceful. Only frogs and birds, no soldiers or achtung Zoll.
Katso video Instagramissa
Hello! It is Freddie here in De Burg Kulturhus in Babberich. We came here to write our diary, but nothing came of it as a man came to us and asked so many questions about our tour. After answering all his questions, he brought us some damn good coffee for free! So nice.
The bar was closed, so we did not get any beer. And it is not yet beer o’clock either.
Katso video Instagramissa
Today I have rested, but even then I have been walking. I even crossed the border to Germany, took three steps in Germany and returned to the Netherlands. #soundon
There is a cultural Centre in the village. I went inside to write my diary and to stay away from the rain. I was offered a free cup of coffee. See pic for more.
Another picture is of rather typical Dutch street. My friends home is the second from right. The buildings are made of several similar apartments, in which kitchen and living room are in the ground floor, bedrooms and bathroom in the upper floor. There is a small garden behind. In a way these house are quite similar to the English houses we see on TV.
These houses are everywhere in the Netherlands. They make up small villages. Between villages, there is countryside with fields, animals, tractors. Farmers live in villages, not in the middle of their fields as they do in Finland.
Otherwise I have been planning my trip. The common wisdom has it that planning is half of the joy of travel. I am not so sure. The challenge ahead seems and feels a bit daunting. But then, I found out that my route should have enough hotels and restaurants and that it is nowadays quite ok to cycle in Paris.
2700km left, at least, so it means about 25 to 27 days of cycling, which requires at least 7 rest days. Thus, altogether 32 days. No hurry, I need to be in Lisbon by the 22nd of June, that is in 37 days.
Tomorrow’s ride will be about 115km. Let us wish for no rain or strong headwind.
Katso kuva Instagramissa
Here I am signing the Credential, the booklet of a pilgrim on the way to Santiago de Compostela. It is for collecting stamps along the pilgrimage.
Tomorrow I will tel the story how I got the Credential in Babberich. And if I am lucky, I can also show the first stamp from a small chapel in Nijmegen. #staytuned it is a long story.
Katso kuva Instagramissa
Kommentit