Freddie in Bucelas

20.6.2022, maanantai · Bucelas

Good morning! It is Freddie here in Bucelas. Lovely day, only 15C now and 21C in the afternoon. Not hot at all, today will be perfect for eating, drinking the delicious Bucelas DOC wine (google it!), having short walks in the village.

My rider is so happy and relaxed. He is a bit proud of his cycling adventures and think he has valid reasons. His resting heart rate is 43, maybe he has not exhausted himself too badly. So good as new adventures may await.

This is the 30th hotel during this adventure, we left Helsinki 41 days ago, have been cycling 151 hours and 2961km in 30 days and in 7 countries, taken 3 ferries and 2 trains. I have kept statistics up to date.

But, now we will rest. There is nothing else to do here. Just as a doctor would order.

Have a nice Monday!

Katso kuva Instagramissa

Last week from Ponferrada to Bucelas. Cycling daily, making it to Santiago de Compostela and Portugal. Quite a week.

I took trains on Sat and Sun.

Katso kuva Instagramissa

Bucelas has a large bus station for a small village. Apparently some bus lines terminate here and there is need for busses to stay overnight.

I have not been doing much today: walked to cafe for breakfast, spent hours sitting in the village park, reading, had delicious lunch, and took several naps. I think I am recovering well.

It feels strange to stay in one place for many nights and to know that for the next two weeks I will not cycle much, if at all. It requires quite different attitude, less determined, more contemplative and observing. And I need to limit my appetite as I am not using thousands of kilojoules every day cycling.

Small villages are perfect for holidays if and when one wants to recover. Nothing to do, only few streets to walk. Boredom is good sometimes.

Tomorrow I will visit the wine museum. There are also some napoleonic ruins here, but they are up on a hill, so I think I do not have energy to visit them.

Katso kuva Instagramissa

Kommentit

Vuoden suosituimmat

Kaikki Helsingin kadut, aukiot etc

TOP-5 lyhyttä pyöräretkeä Roihuvuoresta ja Itä-Helsingistä

Elämäni baarit

Tapiolan varjoissa - Robert Ramberg

Karl Ahon matka Stalinin punaiseen helvettiin / Sven Pahajoki

Byträskin järvi ja pähkinäpensaslehto

Päätin elää vielä 20 vuotta / Marco Kosonen

Omituisia hahmoja

Montako katua Helsingissä on?

Hyvästi Facebook!