A symposium / Punk and work / War crimes
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela
The punk-rocker in me seems to be alive and well. I so enjoyed the concert on Friday and I so much get energy when listening to all punk (and ska, and speed metal) while working on any literary project. I need to get a room in my next work, so that I can listen to punk. Or maybe I have to be happy with nice headphones. Or not even that, since systems architects must not hide, they work as servants of other stakeholders, thus they must be always available (not that they will be disturbed so often, for as Gerrit Muller says: "people do not come to the systems architect for no reason, and when they come, the architect must take them seriously". I remember that it used to be like this, and most probably will be, thus maybe no punk at office).
I think bombing civilians with white phosphorus in an illegal war constitutes a crime, a war crime at least, if not a crime against humanity. Doing so after blaming others for similar deeds, and even after using the deeds as an excuse for the illegal war, constitutes record breaking hypocrisy. See Mark Kerr's blog.
I feel so sad, when USA, a country, which has done so much good and used to be the beacon of liberty and hope in the world, is degrading and defacing itself deliberately. I feel so sorry for the good, honest, and decent people in USA. They must suffer so much for having to put up with the current administration. I have seen the suffering in my friends here; I have never seen so strong political sentiments as I have seen and heard lately in Boston. Hang on guys, and do whatever you can to get a better administration after three years.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs November 2005".
A symposium
I went to a symposium with some philosophers. It was arranged in honor of my friend Mirja, who is leaving for Finland because of some visa regulations. Very nice party. More later, now too tired to write anything, or drunk.Punk and work
The punk-rocker in me seems to be alive and well. I so enjoyed the concert on Friday and I so much get energy when listening to all punk (and ska, and speed metal) while working on any literary project. I need to get a room in my next work, so that I can listen to punk. Or maybe I have to be happy with nice headphones. Or not even that, since systems architects must not hide, they work as servants of other stakeholders, thus they must be always available (not that they will be disturbed so often, for as Gerrit Muller says: "people do not come to the systems architect for no reason, and when they come, the architect must take them seriously". I remember that it used to be like this, and most probably will be, thus maybe no punk at office).War crimes
I think bombing civilians with white phosphorus in an illegal war constitutes a crime, a war crime at least, if not a crime against humanity. Doing so after blaming others for similar deeds, and even after using the deeds as an excuse for the illegal war, constitutes record breaking hypocrisy. See Mark Kerr's blog. I feel so sad, when USA, a country, which has done so much good and used to be the beacon of liberty and hope in the world, is degrading and defacing itself deliberately. I feel so sorry for the good, honest, and decent people in USA. They must suffer so much for having to put up with the current administration. I have seen the suffering in my friends here; I have never seen so strong political sentiments as I have seen and heard lately in Boston. Hang on guys, and do whatever you can to get a better administration after three years.
Alun perin julkaistu kuukausikoosteessa "Blogs November 2005".
Kommentit