Girona Gran Fondo 2017, päivä 11: Eat Sleep Cycle -lenkki
Maanantai 19.6.2017
klo 8.43
19.6.2017 0745 +21C 1m/s E
klo 9.03
Yet another great day of cycling, fiendship, sun and vacation is about to begin. In Girona.
95th breakfast and coffee in cafe in 2017 // +22C sun
klo 14.28
After 2 hours and 50km in the sun it is time to have lunch and non-alcoholic beer. Nice easy ride organized by Eat Sleep Cycle bikeshop.
It is still quite warm. My garmin said 38C when riding into girona. I have, however, acclimatized quite well. My heart rate is at least 20bpm lower than it was a week ago (resting heart rate again below 50bpm in the morning, below 60bpm during a coffee break while sitting in a shadow of a tree at 33C),
klo 15.38
Finally I got my Garmin stats from the Els Angels hill climb. Rather steady effort right at my anaerobic threshold (172bpm) or a bit above. I could not have ridden the climb much faster, maybe 10-20 seconds or so at most. I was also able to increase my effort at the very end, so I did not explode or cook myself in the heat.
I improved my time by 33 seconds, which I am happy about - especially given the 35C heat and full sunshine.
klo 23.30
Tomorrow it is going to be 37C. Must wake up, get out and start riding before 8am. For few hours.
Today it was only 35C, so I got some exercise.
Created by Claude from Mane's Facebook and Instagram posts.



Kommentit